Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Introduction to the Extraordinary

As this is my first post to my blog, I will begin with an introduction.


Yeah, that would be me, Lulu. As you can probably tell I am a deep thinker. A philosopher. Or you may just wonder if I have gone crazy. Well...that's probably true. However, I do not accept the blame. All my craziness is inherited :)

That leads me to my family. My family is many things. First and foremost we are Christians with a deep faith in God. On other levels we are a family that loves a good time.
We love playing games, having weiner roasts, sitting in our new hot tub and many other things of course :)

It all starts with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.



Mrs. Potato Head is an amazing cook. She is also really good at anything artistic...something I did not inherit. However, I inherited most everything else from her. People say we talk, look, laugh, and act exactly alike. And, unfortunately, I received all her math skills...which equal ZERO!
Mr. Potato Head is a computer geek with a love of landscaping. A lot of people say I inherited his sense of humor which I will try to deny at any cost :)


Then comes Buzz...the big brother (21). This picture is a few years old...he has a beard now. Big brother Buzz specialized in torturing his siblings by tickling, poking, tackling, or pretty much anything else. Oh well...we still love him. He no longer lives at home so we have a LITTLE bit of peace and quiet :)

Next in line is...ME (16)! Since I already have a stunningly beautiful picture of myself at the top I will just move on.


Now we have Woody, my adorable little brother (14). Woody has Down Syndrome and none of us can imagine our lives without him. It would certainly be less exciting! He loves playing Talking Tom, listening and dancing to music, and helping me make "pup-cakes" or cupcakes :)


Then comes the baby of the family, Jessie, the rootin' tootin' cowgirl (13). She loves riding horses, exploring the great outdoors, and collecting lots of plastic horses or other animals.


Drum roll please...it's the Queen Mum herself, my grandma. She has been living with us for a couple years now and is a true blessing to my family. She likes skunking Mr. Potato head at scrabble, reading, and patiently playing Uno with Woody.



Last, but not least, we have the pets of our family. Slink is our faithful and funny looking weimerdoodle and His Royal Highness is our lazy cat. Slink is definitely the favorite. Us kids share food with him when Mr. and Mrs. Potato head aren't looking...shhh. Don't tell!

So there you are! That is my family. We aren't perfect, that is for sure, but we have a lot of good times together. I think this quote really sums my family up in a short sentence...

Families are like fudge-mostly sweet with a few nuts. 





1 comment:

  1. I like your blog Leah! We won't comment on WHO the nuts are in the family!!! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete