Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

October

October is over. How in the world did that happen?! My October was WONDERFUL. First of all, October is the best month of all, which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my birthday is on the fifth, of course.

 
The first weekend was my birthday!! I had a lovely weekend in Illinois with my beautiful cousin Rachel, then had a delicious birthday meal including one of my newest food obsessions, sauerkraut. Please notice that I had not one, but TWO birthday cakes! The first was thanks to my Mom, who makes a mean chocolate cake. The second was a complete surprise from my wonderful sister-in-law, Brittany. Jo, Kim and I spent my birthday evening at Brittany's watching Pride and Prejudice while indulging in cake. My brother also decided to be a perfect dear (a term I am sure wouldn't please him...) and served us all coffee!
 
Haley, one of my besties, gave me the gigantic mug in the first collage, along with some absolutely delicious k-cups. Does she know me, or what?! Some of my other gifts include a beautiful dual-version Bible, sound-cancelling headphones, and a subscription to Food Network magazine. AND...SEE'S CHOCOLATE!! If you don't know what that is, well...get a life ;) I'm only slightly kidding. You must try it. That was thanks to Jo. Not only did she give me decadent chocolate, but also made me a clutch! Yeah...she's super cool :D
 
My family and I, along with some cousins and Haley, enjoyed the Feast on my birthday weekend.
 
 
The Feast of the Hunter's Moon is an annual, really super cool event that I don't feel like explaining. If you want to know more about it, besides that I always eat too much (it is called a feast for a reason, you know), check out my cousin's blog: http://dancetothemusicbyjo.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-feast-of-hunters-moon.html
 
The rest of October almost feels like a dream! It was magical. I went to the symphony in Indianapolis with my parents and little sister. It's the first symphony I've ever been to, but definitely not the last one! I think I could live there.
 

Then the next weekend...

 
I WENT TO A PIANO GUYS CONCERT!!!!!
 
This is why October was magical. The PIANO GUYS. Come on...does it get better? NO. It doesn't. It was simply amazing. They are hilarious, fun-loving guys and their music is high on my list of favorites.
 
 
 

 I couldn't stop saying how much I enjoyed the concert afterwards...and I still can't! I loved every moment of it, but I was also dreading the end. Even though it was a fairly long concert, I could have enjoyed another couple hours!!
 
The weekend after that, Haley and I went to visit our friend Rachel in Evansville at USI. We had a great weekend hanging out and walking around campus. USI has an amazing campus. The fall colors and warm weather also made it quite enjoyable!
 
 
Who could help having a great month when they are around these three cuties?!
 
 
This past week was definitely the worst. Mom was in Oregon, leaving the rest of us to try to survive! That's ok though...I just pretended that November started last week. Who likes November anyway? Most of the month is spent in mourning over the October I will never experience again, and the last week is spent pretending it is already December. Ah well...at least there's pumpkin pie. Actually, this year for maximum time management I have combined those steps together; while I mourn the death of October 2014, there is Christmas music playing in the background.
 
Hopefully your October was as delightful as mine and November passes quickly for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment