Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Last Hurrah! Europe Part 3

Ok...I am finally on my last European post!!! After Romania we flew back to Germany. We were in Germany for about 5 days before we actually left to go home. While we were there we were blessed to have some friends that took us out for ice cream and invited us to play volleyball. It was a BLAST! Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of us eating the ice cream or playing volleyball. The first picture is of Jo playing soccer with two of the sweeties that came to the park with us. The others were detangling the net (no small feat...) so we kept the little girls entertained.

 
 
We were also invited to a few people's houses for dinner and breakfast. This was outside of one of the places we were invited to. It was really fun to go and visit with all the families!
 
The next pictures are of the most peaceful and beautiful place I have ever been. We went for a walk into town to buy a pillow Mimi wanted, and we happened to walk by this meadow. Blue skies, the dark outline of tree covered mountains, the warmth of the sun, the long grass with the wildflowers interspersed within...oh my. Beautiful. The presence of God was so real to me there, as though nothing evil or sinful could ever come near. We spent around 40 minutes in that meadow, running through the grass, spinning, and lying in the sun. There are a lot more pictures of us in the meadow, but these are my favorites.
 

 


 
This is my favorite picture in the meadow. It totally shows the relationship that us three have!
 
 
When we got back from out excursion in the meadow there was a bunch of the Pfister family gathered out on their patio area. We sat and talked with them for a while...it was nice to get to know more of them!

 
We just love their alcohol! (NOT! Blech...) This was the night before we left and we were sampling the "medicine" that Oma was given for her throat.
 
 
Magic happened at this dinner table. Seriously, if I could make things HALF that good I would be entirely and perfectly happy. This was breakfast the day we left. We got to be with Stella and Sophia, our two adorable buddies from the castle.
 
 
Our last night with Katja (sorry if it is spelled wrong...) It was so sad saying goodbye to all the Pfisters! They were so kind and made us feel like family. It only made it worse that we have NO idea if or when we will ever see them again. When you have friends that live far away, the world feels so unfathomably huge.

 
Proof that great minds think alike! (This is kinda a random pic...I know it was taken while we were in Germany, but I forget which day :/ oops )


 Did you know that in Germany you can get a roll for .13 Euro? No lie. And it isn't awful tasting either. It is ten times better than any bread I have tried in the U.S.! We got this bread the day before we left, hoping that we could get it home fresh and give it to our families to sample.
 
 
I think I spent half the trip packing, unpacking, repacking...ugh. I HATE packing. It was especially stressful the last time because if it was overweight we had to find another way to get it home.

 
There is nothing much to say about the trip home, other than it took way too long. I couldn't sleep again, so it was a long plane ride. I was sure glad to be home!
 
And that was it. It really seemed like an abrupt end to such a wonderful trip. We were just thrown right back into normal life with all of its responsibilities and plain old boring routine. It seemed as though our time there was this long, wonderful and beautiful dream, filled with laughter, great company and a host of new experiences. I wouldn't trade the memories that I made there for anything, and I would jump at the chance to go again. Of course, I would have to drag along my wonderful cousins who made the trip even more amazing than I could have ever thought. One lesson I have learned through this trip is to be content where God has placed me. The first few days back home were tough because I just wanted to be back in Europe, but then I just had to sit back and thank God for my home. It isn't in Europe, it is here in a little town called Remington. As boring as life can seem in this little Indiana town in comparison with my trip to Europe, I must learn to praise God where I am right now. But should God ever call me back to Europe...well...see you later!
 
P.S. Thanks to everyone who suffered through my random pictures and thoughts...and my terrible procrastination! Also a huge thanks to all those who were praying for us during our time over there! <3
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment