Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Party Time!

It is birthday season around my house! 4 of the 6 people in my family living at home have their birthdays in September and October: Mom, Grandma, Isaac and I. I just have to say, I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!! Ask anyone in my family :)
 
Mom's birthday is September 30th, so this is a little late. For her birthday Mary, Isaac and I made dinner. For her birthday dinner she requested tacos with all the fixings, homemade taco shells (she made them...), and chips with salsa. I must say, they were really delicious!
 
 
The cooks!
 
 
Yum! For dessert Isaac and I made an extreme chocolate mocha cake. I found the recipe on Pinterest (where else?) and it was seriously the best. cake. ever. Also the messiest...
 
 
As gifts Mom got several fall decorations, a journal, measuring cups, soap from bath and body, money and cards. Her favorite season is Autumn, so we used that as a guide for what to buy her. If you are looking for cute fall decorations, look at Hobby Lobby! Their stuff is super cute and reasonably priced.
 
 
The next birthday is mine! My birthday was today :) I had a really fun day at the Feast of the Hunter's Moon (if you have never been, look it up!) and then with a party just a few hours ago with the fam. It feels so strange to be 18. As a friend texted me earlier, "welcome to being an adult for the rest of your life!" Somehow that thought really just made me wish that I had somehow savored childhood more!

 
I didn't get any pictures of dinner, but I chose meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, fruit salad, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Once again...YUM! Mom made all of it and she did an amazing job of it too!
 
The collage above is all my gifts, as I am sure you figured out! Grandma gave me the two shirts in the top right corner that I have been eyeing for weeks at Target! The blue shirt has little birds all over it and a really cute belt. Mary gave me the silly gifts, as well as the $25 towards a laptop case. The silly glasses actually have a windup thing on the nose that moves the eyebrows and moustache automatically. Of course I look incredibly dignified when wearing them... Mom and Dad gave me a full KJV travel Bible and a pretty watch to wear on dressier occasions. I have been wanting a full travel Bible that had the old testament as well as the new testament, and this one is ADORABLE. They even got my name engraved on the cover! Isaac (in other words, Mom) got me two JJ Heller CDs. Since I drive to school 3 days a week I will really appreciate some new music to listen to!
 
Birthdays are really wonderful. They are such a great time to evaluate your life. Some things I want to do in this next year include reading the entire Bible in chronological order, keeping up with a journal, and growing in my walk with the Lord. Also, I really appreciated the love and support from others on this day. It is so neat to feel that love and to be able to give it back.
 
Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment